To add generic Syslog as a destination, complete the following:
- Log in to the CSPCloud Services Portal.
- Click Manage -> Data Connector.
- On the Destination Configuration tab, from the Create drop-down list, choose Syslog.
- Complete the following in the Create Source Configuration wizard:
- Name: Enter the name of the destination. Select a name that best describes the destination and you can distinguish this from other destinations. The field length is 256 characters.
- Description: Enter the description of the destination. The field length is 256 characters.
- State: Use the slider to enable or disable the destination configuration. Note that the destination configuration is in effect only when you enable it. If you disable the destination configuration, you will not be able to select this destination when you create a traffic flow.
- Format: Choose one of the two supported format types; CEF or LEEF.
- In the Syslog Details section, complete the following:
- FQDN/IP: Enter the FQDN or the IP address of the syslog tool to which you want the Data Connector to send data.
- Port: Enter the port number (between 1 and 65536) to reach the syslog tool.
- Insecure Mode: Insecure Mode will be checked until the Syslog CA Certificate has been uploaded.
- In the Syslog CA Certificate section, complete the following:
- CA Certificate: Click Select file to upload the CA certificate from the syslog tool and upload it.
- Click Save & Close to create the destination.