- View RPZs, as described in Viewing RPZs.
- Modify RPZs, as described in Modifying RPZs.
- Reorder RPZs, as described in Reordering RPZs.
- Lock and unlock RPZs, as described in Locking and Unlocking RPZs.
- Delete RPZs, as described in Deleting RPZs.
You can view the list of RPZs, local, feed, or FireEye integrated RPZs, which are currently listed in the Grid. To view RPZs, complete the following:
- From the Data Management tab -> DNS tab -> Response Policy Zones tab -> Response Policy Zone check box checkbox and then click the Edit icon.
- The RPZ editor provides the following tabs from which you can modify data:
- For a FireEye integrated RPZ, the FireEye tab is displayed. This tab is displayed only after you install the Security Ecosystem license. You can modify or override the rule mapping for FireEye alerts or APT events. For more information, see Configuring FireEye RPZs.
- You can also enter or edit information in the Name Servers, Extensible Attributes, Settings, and Permissions tabs. For more information, see Modifying, Disabling, and Deleting Host and Resource Records.
- Logging: In this tab, you can enable or disable logging at the zone level for RPZ zones. You can Override the RPZ logging option onlyif the RPZ/Security log is enabled at the Grid or member level. The values are inherited from the Grid or member by default. To view RPZ logs at the Grid level, see Setting DNS Logging Categories. Selecting the Override option allows you to disable RPZ logging for the particular zone. However, if the RPZ logging is not enabled at the Grid or member level, you cannot Override or Inherit logging at the zone level.
- From the Data Management tab, select the DNS tab -> Response Policy Zones tab -> Response Policy Zone check box checkbox.
- To delete an RPZ immediately, click the Delete icon, and then click Yes to confirm the delete request.
- To schedule the deletion, click Schedule Deletion and in the Schedule Change panel, enter a date, time, and time zone. For more information, see Scheduling Deletions.