You can monitor the
To monitor detailed status of a member, from the Grid tab, select the Grid Manager tab -> Members tab.
In the Members tab, Grid Manager displays the Grid Master first and then all other members in alphabetical order. If a member is an HA pair, you can click the arrow next to the member row to view information about the active and passive nodes. Grid Manager can display the following information:
- Name: The name of the member.
- HA: Indicates whether the member is an HA pair.
- Status: The service status of the member. For For a vNIOS appliance whose license is revoked and but is still operating in the Grid, Grid Manager displays a license violation warning here. You should must immediately remove this member from the Grid.
- IPv4 Address: The IPv4 address of the appliance, or the VIP of an HA pair.
- IPv6 Address: The IPv6 address of the appliance, or the VIP of an HA pair.
- Identify: This field appears only if your appliance has the unit identification button. This can be On or Off. When you identify the appliance by pressing the UID button on the appliance or through the GUI or CLI command, this field displays On. Otherwise, this is Off.
- DHCP, DNS, TFTP, HTTP, FTP, NTP, bloxTools, Captive Portal, DNS Accelerator usage, Reporting, Discovery, Threat Protection, Cloud-API, Threat Analytics, TAXII: The status icons indicate whether these services are running properly. The DNS accelerator usage feature is only applicable to the IB-4030 appliance. For information, see Service Status.
- Hardware Type: The hardware type of the appliance.
- Hardware Model: The hardware model of the appliance.
- Serial Number: The serial number of the appliance.
- DB Utilization: The current percentage of the database in use.
- Platform: The platform on which the appliance is running. For vNIOS virtual appliances, this displays the name of the CMP, such as AWS, Azure, or VMware. For physical NIOS appliances, this displays Physical.
- Comment: Information about the member.
To turn the identification button on or off on the member, click the Hardware Identify icon from the horizontal navigation bar. Grid Manager displays a panel with the appliance name, status, and IP address. Hover your mouse over the row and click Turn On to turn the identification button on, or click Turn Off to turn it off.
To view detailed status, select a member check box, and then click the Detailed Status icon. Grid Manager displays the Detailed Status panel. If the selected member is an HA pair, Grid Manager displays the information in two columns, one for the active node and the other for the passive. The Detailed Status panel provides detailed information described in the following sections.
You can modify some of the data in the table. Double-click a row, and either modify the data in the field or select an item from a drop-down list. Click Save to save the changes. Note that some fields are read-only.
The status icon indicates the operational status of a Grid member and a general description of its current operation. The status icon can be one of the following: