- From the vSphere Client, select the NIOS virtual instance.
- Select the Console tab.
- Click anywhere in the console screen to activate the console.
- When the Infoblox login prompt appears, log in with the default user name and password.
The Infoblox prompt appears:
You must have valid licenses before you can configure the NIOS virtual appliance. To obtain permanent licenses, first use the
show versioncommand to obtain the serial number of the NIOS appliance, and then visit the Infoblox Support web site at https://support.infoblox.com. Log in with the user ID and password you receive when you register your product online at: https://www.infoblox.com/support/customer/evaluation-and-registration.
If the NIOS virtual appliance does not have the Infoblox licenses required to run NIOS services and to join a Grid, you can use the set temp_license command to generate and install a temporary 60-day license. The appliance lists the available licenses, and you select those you need.
Infoblox > set temp_license
1. DNSone (DNS, DHCP)
2. DNSone with Grid (DNS, DHCP, Grid)
3. Network Services for Voice (DHCP, Grid)
4. Add DNS Server license
5. Add DHCP Server license
6. Add Grid license
7. Add Microsoft management license
8. Add vNIOS license
9. Add IF-MAP Federation license
10. Add Multi-Grid Management license
11. Add Query Redirection license
12. Add Load Balancer license
Select license (1-12) or q to quit:For the vNIOS appliance, select 2 and 8.
Note title Note
You must have both the Grid and NIOS virtual licenses for the NIOS virtual appliance to join a Grid.
- Use the CLI command
set networkto configure the network settings. Infoblox > set network
Infoblox > set network
NOTICE: All HA configurations are performed from the GUI. This interface is used only to
configure a standalone node or to join a Grid.
Enter IP address: 10.1.1.22
Enter netmask: [Default: 255.255.255.0]: 255.255.255.0
Enter gateway address [Default: 10.1.1.1]: 10.1.1.1
Become Grid member? (y or n): n
- On your management system, open a new browser window, and connect to https://ip_addr, where ip_addr is the address of the single appliance or LAN1 port on node 1.
- Log in using the default user name admin and password infoblox.
- Review the End-User License Agreement and click I Accept.
- In the Grid Setup wizard, select Configure a Grid Master and click Next.
- Complete the following to specify the Grid properties, and then click Next:
- Grid Name: Enter a text string, such as DaveyJones, that the Grid Master and appliances joining the Grid use to authenticate each other when establishing a VPN tunnel between them. The default Grid name is Infoblox.
- Shared Secret: Enter a text string, such as L0ck37, that the Grid Master and appliances joining the Grid use as a shared secret to authenticate each other when establishing a VPN tunnel between them. The default shared secret is test.
- Show Password: Select this to display the password. Clear the check box to conceal the password.
- Hostname: Enter a valid domain name for the appliance. You can use the name that you entered for the NIOS virtual appliance when you deployed it.
- Is the Grid Master an HA pair?: Select No for the single Grid Master. Select Yes for an HA pair.
- Complete the following to configure the network settings, and then click Next:
- Host Name: Enter a valid domain name for the appliance.
- IP Address: Displays the IP address of the LAN port.
- Subnet Mask: Displays the subnet mask of the LAN port.
- Gateway: Displays the IP address of the gateway of the subnet on which the LAN port is set.
- Port Settings: The default is Automatic. You cannot change port settings for NIOS virtual appliances.
- For an HA pair, complete the following to specify the network properties and click Next:
- Virtual Router ID: Enter the VRID (virtual router ID). This must be a unique VRID number—from 1 to 255—for this subnet.
- Required Ports and Addresses: Enter information about the following virtual interfaces: VIP, Node 1 HA and LAN ports, Node 2 HA and LAN ports. The VIP address and the IP addresses for all the ports must be in the same subnet. Enter the IP address of the gateway for the subnet on which the interfaces are set. This is the same for all interfaces. All fields are required. Note that you cannot change the port settings.
- Optionally, enter a new password and click Next. The password must be a single hexadecimal string (no spaces) that is at least four characters long.
- Select the time zone of the Grid Master and indicate whether the Grid Master synchronizes its time with an NTP (Network Time Protocol) server, and then click Next.
- If you choose to enable NTP, click the Add icon and enter the IP address of an NTP server. You can enter IP addresses for multiple NTP servers.
- If you choose to disable NTP, set the date and time for the appliance.
The last screen displays the settings you specified in the previous panels of the wizard. Verify that the information is correct and click Finish. The application restarts after you click Finish.
Note title Note
The Grid Setup
wizard provides options such as not changing the default password and manually entering the time and date. However, changing the password and using an NTP server improve security and accuracy (respectively), and so these choices are presented here.
Record and retain this information in a safe place. If you forget the shared secret, you need to contact Infoblox Technical Support for help. When you add an appliance to the Grid, you must configure it with the same Grid name, shared secret, and VPN port number that you configure on the Grid Master.
The last screen of the setup wizard states that the changed settings require the appliance to restart. When you click Finish, the appliance restarts.
For an HA pair, complete the following to configure node 2 using the Grid Setup wizard: