- From the vSphere Client, select the NIOS virtual instance.
- Select the Console tab.
- Click anywhere in the console screen to activate the console.
- When the Infoblox login prompt appears, log in with the default user name and password.
The Infoblox prompt appears:
- You must have valid licenses before you can configure the NIOS virtual appliance. To obtain permanent licenses, first use the
show versioncommand to obtain the serial number of the NIOS appliance, and then visit the Infoblox Support web site at httphttps://support.infoblox.com. Log in with the user ID and password you receive when you register your product online at: httphttps://www.infoblox.com/support/customer/evaluation-and-registration.
If the NIOS virtual appliance does not have the Infoblox licenses required to run NIOS services and to join a Grid, you can use the set temp_license command to generate and install a temporary 60-day license. The appliance lists the available licenses, and you select those you need.
Infoblox > set temp_license
1. DNSone (DNS, DHCP)
2. DNSone with Grid (DNS, DHCP, Grid)
3. Network Services for Voice (DHCP, Grid)
4. Add DNS Server license
5. Add DHCP Server license
6. Add Grid license
7. Add Microsoft management license
8. Add vNIOS license
9. Add IF-MAP Federation license
10. Add Multi-Grid Management license
11. Add Query Redirection license
12. Add Load Balancer license
Select license (1-12) or q to quit:For the vNIOS appliance, select 2 and 8.
Note: You must have both the Grid and NIOS virtual licenses for the NIOS virtual appliance to join a Grid.
- Use the CLI command
set networkto configure the network settings. Infoblox > set network
Infoblox > set network
NOTICE: All HA configurations are performed from the GUI. This interface is used only to
configure a standalone node or to join a Grid.
Enter IP address: 10.1.1.22
Enter netmask: [Default: 255.255.255.0]: 255.255.255.0
Enter gateway address [Default: 10.1.1.1]: 10.1.1.1
Become Grid member? (y or n): n