Downloading the MDM Configuration from the Cloud Services Portal
App config file is required to update application configuration in MDM. To download from the Cloud Services Portal, complete the following steps:
- Log into csp.infoblox.com.
- Go to Manage > Endpoints > Endpoint Groups.
- Select Download MDM Configuration, click iOS Config File or Android Config File, depending on the type of device it is to be used with (Image 1).
- Save the config file to your computer or an easily accessible location for later use.
Alternatively, you can download the config file by navigation to Manage > Endpoints > Endpoint Groups, and clickingassociated with the endpoint group and selecting Download MDM Configuration > Android/iOS Config File (Image 2).
The MDM App config contains the following parameters:
- customerId:The value present in the xml file.
- groupName: Specifies the group name in the Cloud Services Portal to which the endpoint will be be moved. If the group name is not present in the Cloud Services Portal, It will be added to the All BloxOne Endpoints group.
- userId: The unique name used to identifya mobile device. The configured name is displayed in the Cloud Services Portal on the Endpoints page (Manage > Endpoints).
- allowServiceControl: By default this value will be True. Change it to False using the toggle switch if it is to be hidden.
In MDM, the app config can be added manually or by uploading the xml file.
Steps to Register Mobile Endpoint to Microsoft Intune Server
To register Mobile Endpoint to Microsoft Intune Server, complete the following steps:
- Install the Intune Company Portal app from the Google play store or the Apple app store, depending on the device type.
- Login to the Intune Company Portal with the credentials provided by your admin.
- Follow the steps in the Intune Company Portal to register the device to the Microsoft Intune server.
Steps to Add the BloxOne App in Microsoft Intune Server
To add the BloxOne app in Microsoft Intune Server, complete the following steps depending on device type:
- Go to Home > Apps > Android > + Add > Managed Google Play.
- Search with BloxOne and select the app (Image 3).
3. Find the BloxOne app is list of apps (Image 4).
4. Open the BloxOne app and add the assignments to the app.
Steps to Upload and Add the App Config File
To upload and add the app configuration file, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Home > Apps > App Configuration policies.
- Click +Add > Managed devices.
- Provide information on the platform(iOS/Android) and select the targeted app (Image 5).
- Using downloaded config file obtained from the Cloud Services Portal, add the app config with key and values and create the policy. Note: The XML file can be used and/or the key/value can be manually entered (Image 6).
- For Android:
- Using downloaded config file obtained from the Cloud Services Portal, choose each of the configuration key and add the respective values to it (Image 7).
2. Go to the device and refresh the assignments.
This page has no comments.