This section describes the storage capacity for file distribution, and how to manage file distribution storage settings.
Maximum storage space allowed for all file distribution services on a Grid is equal to the storage space allowed on the Grid member with the smallest amount of space allowed.
Maximum storage space is shown in table Table 9.1.
Table 9.1 Maximum Storage Space by Platform Type
All Infoblox appliances
All virtual appliances (VMWare)
Virtual IPAM member (IPAM Free Ware)
Usage Threshold Alerts
An SNMP trap generates an alarm message when a member nears storage capacity. The default threshold value is 90%, and the default reset value is 70%. If email notification is enabled, NIOS sends an email when either of these thresholds are reached.
- When the Grid member storage capacity reaches 100%, the SNMP trap generates a "High Usage" message. For information on how to modify the threshold values, see Defining Thresholds for Traps.
- File distribution clients will fail to PUT files if the file is large enough that it will put the member over the storage limit.
Modifying File Distribution Storage Limits
- From the Data Management tab, select the File Distribution tab, and then click Grid File Distribution Properties from the Toolbar.
- In the Grid File Distribution Properties editor, complete the following:
- Storage Limit (MB): Enter the maximum storage space in megabytes.
- Include files and directories in system backup: This is selected by default to ensure that the appliance includes the uploaded files in the backup. You can clear this check box to improve the backup performance if you have stored these files separately.
Save the configuration and click Restart if it appears at the top of the screen.
To avoid data loss, after you change the storage limit FD services will be disrupted briefly and will take some time to resume. Wait until the File Distribution services are running again on the members before you upload any files.
This page has no comments.