Infoblox periodically releases hotfixes that contain resolved issues. Only superusers can apply hotfixes through Grid Manager. When you install hotfixes through Grid Manager, you can apply them to the Grid Master and All Grid members, the Grid Master only, the Grid Master and Grid Master Candidates, or selected Grid members. This feature is supported on appliances running NIOS version 7.1 or later. Note that each hotfix addresses specific issues.
Infoblox recommends that you verify the hotfix before you apply it to ensure that it is the correct version.
After you apply a hotfix, Grid manager displays the hotfix status in the Upload Status bar. In addition, you can view the history of the most recent list of applied hotfixes in the Hotfix History dialog box. For information about viewing hotfix history, see Viewing Hotfix History.
A hotfix installation may fail if there is a mismatch in the NIOS software versions or if a hotfix image fails to meet the software or hardware restrictions.
To apply a hotfix:
- From the Grid tab, select the Upgrade tab, and then click ApplyHotfix from the Toolbar and select one of the following:
- ToGridMasterandallGridMembers: Click this to apply hotfix to the Grid Master and all Grid members.
- ToGridMaster: Click this to apply hotfix to the Grid Master only.
- ToGridMasterandGridMasterCandidates: Click this to apply hotfix only to the Grid Master and Grid Master candidates.
- ToselectedGridMembers: Click this to apply hotfix to the selected Grid member. This option is available only after you have selected a Grid member or members.
- In the ApplyHotfix dialog box, click Select and navigate to the hotfix image file you want to upload. Click Open to select the file, and click Upload.
If you have already installed a hotfix and subsequently try to upgrade or downgrade NIOS, the appliance displays a warning message because resolved issues in the hotfix will no longer be valid if the upgrade or downgrade version does not contain the original hotfix.
The appliance applies the hotfix to the targeted appliance(s). You cannot stop the hotfix process once you start it. Grid Manager displays the hotfix status in the Upload Status bar.
Viewing Hotfix History
You can view hotfix history on selected members. To view the hotfix history:
- From the Grid tab, select the Upgrade tab, click the Show Hotfix History icon in the Hotfix column.
- The Hotfix History dialog box displays the following information:
- Date: The timestamp when the hotfix was applied.
- Hotfix: The name of the hotfix that was last run on the member. The name of the hotfix image file that was applied to the member.
- Click Close to close the Hotfix History dialog box.
This page has no comments.