You can publish rule updates at any time after you have uploaded the ruleset. For information about uploading ruleset files, see Manually Uploading Rulesets.
To publish rule updates:
- From the Data Management tab, select the Security tab -> Threat Protection Rules tab, and then click Publish Changes from the Toolbar.
- In the Publish Changes dialog box, complete the following:
- Publish Changes on all Members: Select one of the following:
- Simultaneously: Publish changes on all of the members in the Grid at the same time.
- Sequentially: Publish changes on each Grid member according to the number of seconds you enter in the Sequential every (seconds) field. For example, if you enter every 10 seconds, the system update changes on the first member, and 10 seconds later on the second member. This is the default option.
- Impacted Members and Services: Click the Poll Members icon to display the affected members in that Grid. Grid Manager displays the member names and whether each member is configured for the threat protection service:
- Yes: The service is active and the system will publish rule updates on this member upon execution of this task.
- No: The service is not active and the system will not publish rule updates on this member.
- Disabled: The service is currently disabled on this member.
To schedule this task, click the Schedule icon at the top of the dialog box. In the Schedule Change panel, complete the following:
- Now: Publish rule updates upon clicking Publish.
- Later: Enter the following information to schedule publishing updates at a certain date and time:
- Start Date: Enter a date in YYYY-MM-DD (year-month-day) format. The appliance displays today's date. You can also click the calendar icon to select a date from the calendar widget.
- Start Time: Enter a time in hh:mm:ss AM/PM (hours:minutes:seconds AM or PM) format. When you enter the time in a 24-hour format such as 23:00, Grid Manager displays 11:00:00 PM. You can also select a time from the drop-down list by clicking the time icon.
- Time Zone: Select a time zone for the scheduled date and time from the drop-down list. This field displays the time zone of the browser that the admin uses to log in to Grid Manager.
3. Click Publish to publish changes immediately or click Schedule Publish to schedule the publish.