After you start the discovery service, you can do the following to manage the discovery and discovered data:
- Monitor the discovery status, as described in Viewing Discovery Status.
- Execute discovery diagnostics to test the connection of a discovery member, as described in ExecutingDiscovery Diagnostics.
- Stop discovery on a specific network, as described in Disabling Discovery for a Network.
- View a complete list of discovered devices, their associated interfaces, networks, IP addresses, assets, and components. For more information, see Viewing Discovered Devices and their Properties.
- Resolve conflicts for discovered data, as described in Conflict Resolution in Network Insight.
- Provision and de-provision networks and manage port configurations, as described in Port Control Featuresin Network Insight.