The NIOS UI (also called Grid Manager) is the web interface that provides access to your appliance for network and IP address management. It provides a number of tools that you can use to effectively manage your appliance and IP address space.
You can log in to Grid Manager as long as you have permission to log in to the NIOS appliance. Superusers have unrestricted access to Grid Manager. Limited-access users though, require read-only or read-write permission to the data that they want to manage through Grid Manager. Grid Manager allows limited-access users to view and manage only the data for which they have permission. For example, to view IPv4 networks, you must have at least read-only permission to IPv4 networks. To run a discovery, you must have read/write permission to the Network Discovery feature.
Note that superusers must configure admin groups and accounts in the Grid Manager application of the NIOS appliance. In Grid Manager, superusers can set and change permissions for specific objects, such as IPv4 networks, IPv6 networks, and resource records. For information about user accounts and administrative permissions, see Managing Administrators.
Before you log in to Grid Manager, ensure that you have installed your NIOS appliance as described in the installation guide or user guide that shipped with your products and configured it accordingly. You must upload the CA certificate(s) that issued the client certificate to ensure a successful SSL/TLS connection to the appliance.
To log in to Grid Manager:
- Open an Internet browser window and enter https://<IPaddressorhostnameofyourNIOSappliance>. The Grid Manager login page appears. For information, see Supported Browsers.
- Enter your user name and password, and then click Login or press Enter. The default user name is admin and the default password is infoblox. Note that if your password expired or was reset by a superuser, you may be required to enter a new password. If you are a smart card user and two-factor authentication is enabled on the appliance, your user name, which is the same as your CN (common name) in the client certificate, appears automatically. Enter the password you use to log in to the user account. For information about two-factor authentication, see Authenticating Admins Using Two-Factor Authentication.
- Read the Infoblox End-User License Agreement. If you want to participate in the Infoblox Customer Experience Improvement Program, complete the following:
- ParticipateintheInfobloxCustomerExperienceImprovementProgram: Select the check box to send product usage data to Infoblox on a periodic basis. Infoblox uses this data to improve product functionality. For more information about the program, see Participating in the Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Support ID (optional): Enter the Infoblox Support ID that was assigned to your account. It must be a number with four to six digits. The value you enter here is also displayed in the Customer Improvement tab in the Grid Properties editor. Infoblox includes this ID in the data report.
- Click I Accept. The Grid Setup wizard appears.
- If you type the wrong user name or password 5 consecutive times within 60 seconds, your Infoblox account is blocked for 75 to 120 seconds. During this locked period, no other user (using the same client IP address) can access the NIOS UI even though the user was logged in before the UI lock.
- If the "You have already logged in to Grid Manager either from another browser or another system. Do you want to continue logging in to the same session? If you click Yes, all previous logins will be timed out" error message is displayed, it means that you have already logged on to the same session of Grid Manager. You cannot log on to the same session from another browser or from another system. For more information, see Managing Security Operations.