NetMRI uses a set of popup windows to organize software configuration settings and provide detailed viewing for devices and networks. Clicking certain icons or links will bring up separate browser windows. Popup windows you will frequently work with include the following:
- Tools: Provides a set of networking tools for inspecting and testing parts of the managed network. The following tools are included:
- Ping/Traceroute: Use this tool for verifying basic connectivity.
- SNMP Walk: Use this tool for retrieving SNMP variable information from a device on the network. For more details, see SNMP Walk.
- SNMP Credential Test: Use this tool for verifying whether a set of community string credentials will work for a given device. For more details, see SNMP Credential Test.
- Cisco Command: Use this tool for issuing a configuration command to a Cisco device. For more details, see Cisco Command Tool.
- CLI Credential Test: Use this tool for testing admin login credentials. For more details, see CLI Credential Test.
- Discovery Diagnostics: Use this tool for enabling troubleshooting by Infoblox Technical Support. For more details, see Discovery Diagnostics.
- Settings: Provides several categories of important NetMRI software configuration settings governing how the appliance operates. The following settings are included:
- User Admin: Use this to define administrator accounts for the NetMRI appliance.
- Setup: This is a crucial block of settings for information collection. See Creating Admin and User Accounts for more details.
- Issue Analysis: Use this to configure Issue Group settings and define the suppression of issues. For more details, see Evaluating Issues in NetMRI.
- Notifications: Use this to define user event notifications. For more details, see Event Notifications and System Health Monitoring.
- Settings: Use this for a diverse block of NetMRI-specific configuration elements including license management, system security protocols, and Custom Fields definition.
- Database Settings: Use this for copying, restoring and archiving. For more details, see NetMRI Database Management.
- Define and Configure Network Editor: Enables the assignment of unassigned VRFs to network views, and the reassignment of VRFs to different views.
- Device Viewer: The Device Viewer is a popup window that provides many details about any single router, switch, firewall, or other devices, including interface configurations, device identification and location, functioning network services, neighboring devices in the network, and other information. For more details, see The Device Viewer.
- Interface Viewer: Provides information on individual interface connectivity, performance, and configuration settings.
- Network Viewer: Lists VRFs that route traffic for the currently selected network, and VRFs imported from other VRF-aware devices that route traffic for the virtual network.
- Issue Viewer: Shows detailed information about device Issues detected by NetMRI.
- Job Viewer: Provides execution and error information about job scripts written and ran through NetMRI.
The following table provides explanations about the various icons you will encounter in the NetMRI graphical user interface, including icons that appear in many tables in the system.
Copy: Copies a selected record.
Edit: Click here to edit a record in a table.
Schedule: Where applicable, schedules the item in the table for execution.
Run Now/Actions: Where applicable, Run Now immediately executes the directives in the current table record. The Actions icon contexts provide features to execute against individual records in data tables throughout the entire NetMRI system.
Test Policy: Where applicable, tests the currently selected Policy.
CSV Export: Where applicable, export the contents of the current record to a tab-delimited file suitable for viewing in Excel.
Delete: Deletes a selected record from a NetMRI table.
Add: Adds a new record to a table of NetMRI items.
Tools: Opens a set of networking utilities for network admins to perform troubleshooting and device communication tasks, such as Ping, Traceroute, SNMP Walks, and other operations.
Background Task indicator bar: Indicates that NetMRI is performing a background task. Appears on the NetMRI toolbar and disappears when the task completes.
Settings: An important icon providing a hierarchical list of configuration settings such as User Admin, Issue Analysis configuration, general Setup, Notifications setup, Database setup, and other fundamental areas that define how NetMRI operates.
General online Help: Provides the entire online Help information window without specificity to the currently displayed feature page in NetMRI.
Context-sensitive online Help: Provides online help from which the currently displayed UI page can show Help for that feature in a separate popup window.
Refresh Grid: Allows refreshing of a complete table list or 'grid' of information. NetMRI collects the same body of related information for the table, including any possible changes that may have occurred since the table was last compiled.
Arrows: These are used to move the view horizontally and vertically in the Topology Viewer under Network Explorer.
Zoom In and Zoom Out: Tools to magnify or shrink the view in the Topology Viewer under Network Explorer.
Fit Content: A tool to resize a large map or a small view of a map to fit the entire graphic pane in the Topology Viewer under Network Explorer.
|Edit: Allows you to add or delete nodes and edges in the Topology Viewer under Network Explorer.|
|Add Node: Allows you to add a new node in the Topology Viewer under Network Explorer.|
|Add Edge: Allows you to add an edge in the Topology Viewer under Network Explorer.|
|Delete Selected: Deletes a selected node or edge in the Topology Viewer under Network Explorer.|
|Reload: Reloads the graph in the Topology Viewer under Network Explorer after some changes are made.|