An authoritative forward-mapping zone is an area of domain name space for which one or more Grid members have the responsibility to respond authoritatively to name-to-address queries.
Note: A single forward-mapping zone can map names to both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
To create an authoritative forward-mapping zone:
- From the Data Management tab, select the DNS tab, expand the Toolbar, and click Add -> Zone -> Add Auth Zone.
- In the Add Authoritative Zone wizard, click Add an authoritative forward-mapping zone and click Next.
- Specify the following:
- Name: Enter the domain name for the zone. Omit the trailing period (" . ") that signifies the root zone. You can use IDNs as well. For information about IDNs, see Support for Internationalized Domain Names.
- DNS View: This field displays only when there is more than one DNS view in the current network view. Select a DNS view from the drop-down list.
- Comment: Enter a descriptive comment about the zone.
- Disable: Click this check box to temporarily disable this zone. For information, see Enabling and Disabling Zones.
- Lock: Click this check box to lock the zone so that you can make changes to it and prevent others from making conflicting changes. For information, see Locking and Unlocking Zones.
- Define the name servers for the zone. For information on specifying primary and secondary servers, see Assigning Zone Authority to Name Servers . For information on specifying authoritative name server groups, see Using Authoritative Name Server Groups.
- If you have assigned a Microsoft server as the primary server for the zone and if the zone is AD-integrated, you can configure a list of domain controllers that are allowed to add NS records to the zone. For information see, Configuring Domain Controller List.
- Define extensible attributes. For information, see Using Extensible Attributes.
Click the Schedule icon at the top of the wizard to schedule this task. In the Schedule Change panel, enter a date, time, and time zone. For information, see Scheduling Tasks.
This page has no comments.