NIOS virtual appliances support most of the features of the Infoblox NIOS software, with some limitations. This appendix describes these limitations. Table E.1 summarizes the supported NIOS virtual appliance models.
Note: VMware Tools are automatically installed for each NIOS virtual appliance. Infoblox supports the control functions in Hyper-V Manager and VMware Tools. For example, through the vSphere client, you can shut down the virtual appliance.
Table E.1 Supported NIOS virtual Appliance Models and Specifications
|NIOS Virtual Appliances||Primary Disk (GB)||# of CPU Cores||Memory Allocation (GB)||Virtual CPU Core Frequency Limit||NIOS for VMware||NIOS for MS Hyper-V||NIOS for Xen||NIOS for KVM||NIOS for AWS||Supported as Grid Master and Grid|
only; 1 GB
|300 (Primary & Reporting)||2||Range: 4 – 8|
only; 2 GB
|300 (Primary & Reporting)||2||Range: 4 – 8|
|250 (+ 1 TB user defined reporting storage)||2||32||N / A||4||No|
|IB-V815 *||250||2||16||N / A||4||Yes|
|IB-V825 *||250||2||16||N / A||4||Yes|
only; 5 GB
|555 (Primary & Reporting)||4||Default: 8 GB||8000 MHz||3||No|
|250 (+1.2 TB user defined reporting storage)||4||32||N / A||4||No|
|IB-VM-1410||55||4||8 GB||6000 MHz||No|
|IB-V1415 *||250||4||32||N / A||4||Yes|
|IB-V1425 *||250||4||32||N / A||4||Yes|
|250 (+ 2.4 TB user defined reporting storage)||8||64||N / A||4||No|
|IB-V2215 *||250||8||64||N / A||4||Yes|
|IB-V2225 *||250||8||64||N / A||4||Yes|
|250 (+ 1500 GB reporting storage)||8||24||2400 MHz||No|
|250 (+ user defined reporting)||14||128||2400 MHz||No|
|IB-V5005**||User defined reporting storage||User defined||User defined||N / A||No|
|Network Insight Virtual Appliances||Overall Disk (GB)||# of CPU Cores||Memory Allocation (GB)||Virtual CPU Core Frequency Limit||NIOS for VMware||NIOS for MS Hyper-V||Nios for Xen||NIOS for KVM||NIOS for AWS||Supported as Grid Master and Grid Master Candidate|
|ND-V805 *5||250||2||32||N / A||4||No|
|ND-V1405 *5||250||4||32||N / A||4||No|
|ND-V2205 *5||250||8||32||N / A||4||No|
|Cloud Platform Virtual Appliances||Overall Disk (GB)||# of CPU Cores||Memory Allocation (GB)||Virtual CPU Core Frequency Limit||NIOS for VMware||NIOS for MS Hyper-V||Nios for Xen||NIOS for KVM||NIOS for AWS||Supported as Grid Master and Grid Master Candidate|
- You can freely assign resources to these virtual appliances to suit your business needs, as long as the resources are within the limits of the licenses being installed on the appliances.
1For KVM hypervisor only. Not supported for KVM-based OpenStack. Does not support Elastic Scaling.
2NIOS virtual appliance for Hyper-V is not recommended as a Grid Master or Grid Master Candidate. IB-VM-820 with 55 GB disk is not supported as the Grid Master or Grid Master Candidate for the NIOS virtual for KVM. The Identity Mapping feature is supported on the IB-VM-810 and IB-VM-820 appliances only if they are configured as Grid members, not as the Grid Master.
3Does not support Elastic Scaling.
4NIOS for KVM is supported in the following environments: OpenStack, RHEL, SuSE Enterprise and Cloud, and CentOS. Note that only IB-V1405 as a Reporting server has been qualified for OpenStack.
5ND virtual appliances are designed for Network Insight only. Discovery is supported in OpenStack only with SRIOV enabled.
For information about the limitations on each NIOS virtual appliance, see the following:
NIOS for Riverbed
NIOS virtual appliances on Riverbed have the following limitations:
- They can function as Grid members only. You cannot configure them as HA (high availability) pairs, Grid Masters, Grid Master candidates, or independent appliances.
- On a Grid with a NIOS virtual appliance on Riverbed as a Grid member, the maximum storage space for HTTP, FTP and TFTP is 1 GB (a Grid with only Infoblox appliances provides a maximum of 5 GB for these services), core files are 100 MB each, and syslog and inflobox.log files are 20 MB each. Scheduled backup file is 100 MB.
- The LAN interface is the only network interface available on the NIOS virtual appliance. You cannot configure the speed and transmission type (full or half duplex) of the network interface.
- You can use the traffic capture tool of the NIOS virtual software package to capture traffic only on the LAN port of the NIOS virtual appliance.
- NIOS virtual appliances on Riverbed do not support the following features:
- Anycast addressing
- Configuration as a DHCP lease history logging member
- Dedicated MGMT port
- NTP service
- bloxTools environment
- Configuration for managing Microsoft® Windows DNS servers
This page has no comments.