The Network Insight ND-2205 is a high performance network appliance that provides device discovery and network discovery features, using SNMP and other protocols to discover, query, manage and catalogue network devices such as enterprise Ethernet switches, routers, firewalls and other security devices, VoIP softswitches, load balancers, end host devices and more. You configure the ND-2205 appliance through Infoblox Grid Manager. For more information about the Discovery features, refer to the Infoblox NIOS Administrator Guide.
Key features of the Network Insight ND-2205 appliance include the following:
- Three (3) active 1GbE Ethernet interfaces: two (2) active interfaces to support Device Discovery features, and one interface (MGMT) for device management. (The HA port is inactive and reserved for future use.)
- Management through the Infoblox Grid.
- LOM (Lights Out Management) support.
- Replaceable hard disk drives and fan modules.
- Hot-swappable AC or DC power supplies in a redundant 1+1 configuration.
- Alternative system configurations for the support of copper or fiber SFP 1GbE and SFP+ 10GbE interfaces, with support for mixed copper/fiber configurations.
Note: The Network Insight ND-2205 does not support HA operation and acts only as a Grid member.
This page has no comments.