To enroll BloxOne Mobile app using MobileIron, do the following:
Prerequisite: The device must be registered with the MobileIron MDM server prior to enrollment.
Steps for adding the BloxOne app in MobileIron server
Perform the following steps to add BloxOne Mobile app in Mobiletron server:
- Navigate to Apps > App Catalog,
- Click +Add.
- Based on your app platform (iOS or Android), choose your app based on your platform (iOS or Android). You can do an app search using "BloxOne" to find your app.
- Configure the BloxOne app as described below.
MDM App Configuration
App configuration is required to use the BloxOne app.
Image 1: Configuring MDM in the Cloud Services Platform.
The app configuration file contains the following parameters:
- Log into the Cloud Services Portal.
- From the Cloud Services portal, click Manage -> Endpoint Groups -> Manage MDM.
- On the Manage MDM page, the following information can be viewed:
- customerId (Use the value present in the xml file)
- groupName (Specify the group name in CSP to which endpoint should be moved. If the group name is not present in the CSP, It will be added to the ‘All BloxOne Endpoints’ group).
- userId (Name to uniquely identify the mobile device. Configured name will be displayed on the CSP>Endpoints page)On the Manage MDM page, the following information can be viewed:
- allowServiceControl ( By default this value will be ‘True’. Change it to ‘False’ for the toggle button in app to be hidden).
In MDM, the downloaded app config file can be added manually or by uploading the .xml file.
How to upload or add the config file for Android
- From the Apps Catalog page, select Managed Configuration for Android.
Image 2: Select Apple Managed App Configuration to begin the configuration process
2. Add the values to the app config keys section.
Image 3: Adding values to the app config setup.
3.Click Next followed by Done to complete the configuration process.
4. Go to your device and refresh to view the new assignments.
How to upload or add the config file for iOS
- From the Apps Catalog page, select Apple Managed App Configuration.
Image 4: Select Apple Managed App Configuration to begin the configuration process.
2. In the Configuration Setup section of the page, import your xml file or manually enter your app configuration information.
Image 5: Setting up the configuration for your iOS device.
3. Click Next followed by Done to complete the configuration process.
For additional information on BloxOne Mobile Endpoint and MDM management, see the following:
- Mobile Endpoint Management
- Downloading and Enrolling of BloxOne Mobile Endpoint on Your Device
- Enrollment of BloxOne Mobile Using Workspace One MDM
- Enrollment of BloxOne Mobile Device Management App Using Cisco Meraki
- Enrollment of BloxOne Mobile Device Management App Using Microsoft Intune
- Viewing BloxOne Mobile Endpoint on Your Device
- Viewing BloxOne Mobile Endpoint Devices in the Cloud Services Platform
- Viewing Mobile Endpoint Groups in the Cloud Services Portal
- Viewing Mobile Endpoint Reports in the Cloud Services Platform
This page has no comments.