- On-prem hosts for physical BloxOne B1-105 appliances are automatically created when shipped by Infoblox with the serial number. Do not manually create on-prem hosts for BloxOne physical appliances.
- Virtual on-prem hosts, including KVM-deployed hosts, connect to the Cloud Services Portal by using valid join tokens.
- For VEP-1425 and VEP-1485 physical appliances, obtain the seven-digit serial number from the Service Tag label on the bottom of your appliance. You will enter this number when creating a new host.
To create an on-prem host:
- On the Cloud Services Portal, click Manage > On-Prem Hosts.
- Click Create Host.
- On the Create On-Prem Host page, specify the following:
- Name: Type in the name of the on-prem host.
- Description: Enter additional information about the on-prem host.
- Serial Number:
- For physical BloxOne on-prem hosts, get the serial number from the Cloud Services Portal or the console displayed on the monitor you connected to the appliance.
- For VEP-1425 and VEP-1485 physical appliances, obtain the serial number from the Service Tag label on the bottom of the appliance.
- IP Space: Select the IP space from the drop-down. The on-prem host will be assigned to the selected IP space. For more information, see Configuring IP Spaces.
- Tags: Click Add to specify the keys to be associated with the on-prem host:
KEY: Enter a meaningful name for the key, such as a location or a department.
VALUE: Enter a value for the key. Select the appropriate checkbox, and enter the value for the associated key.
For details, see Managing Tags.
Applications & Services: Click Add to associate licenses and services with the on-prem host.
LICENSES: Displays the license tier and other information about the license. Click .
SERVICES: Displays (1) the state of the license and (2) the services associated with the license. Toggle the slider to enable or disable a particular service. Click to reorder the columns.
Click Save & Close to save the changes, or click Cancel to cancel them.
This page has no comments.