If you need to replace an existing on-prem host with a new one (due to malfunctioning or misconfiguration on the old host), you can use the "replace" function to do so. You can replace virtual and physical on-prem hosts. The “replace” function supports zero-touch provisioning through the Cloud Services Portal.
To ensure that all the services moved from the old host operate properly on the new host, you must select a new host that can support all the services currently running on the old host. Otherwise, certain services might not function properly on the new host. For example, if you replace an old host running the Data Connector service with a new host that does not support the Data Connector service, the service will not be operational on the new host.
To replace an existing on-prem host, you first set up the new host and connect it to the Cloud Services Portal through zero-touch provisioning. Ensure that the new host is in the Active state and that there are no active services enabled on the new host. The replace function will automatically remove the services and configuration from the old host and move them to the new host without the need for manual configuration. The old host will be in the Pending state and thereafter goes to the Awaiting Approval state. Only after the on-prem host goes to the Awaiting Approval state, you can select the on-prem host and approve it from On-Prem Host -> Approve.
To replace an on-prem host, complete the following:
- From the Cloud Services Portal, click Manage -> On-Prem Hosts.
- Select the check box beside the on-prem host you want to replace.
- Click On-Prem Host and select Replace from the drop-down list.
- In the replace host widget, select the new host from the Replacement Host list, and then click Save & Close.
A confirmation message is displayed. Click Confirm to replace the old host with the selected new host, or click Close to cancel the operation.
- Once you confirm the operation, the old host goes into the Pending state and it will require approval to rejoin BloxOne Cloud.
- Only after the on-prem host goes to the Awaiting Approval state, you can select the on-prem host and approve it from On-Prem Host -> Approve.
- It might take a few seconds for the replace operation to complete and all the services on the new host to go online.
- All the configurations on the new host will be overwritten by the services and configuration moved from the old host.
This page has no comments.